Sunday, December 2, 2007

WHEN WE LOSE WE WIN ?

It is a hard concept to think about the phrase "When We Lose We Win" and have it make scense in 2007. We live in a work of Win At All Cost, the bottom line is the most important line, make it a win-win-win situation, and all of the other catch phrases we hear in our business world. There are thousands of books, magazines, and all kinds of consultants that teach these "winning" concepts.

The comcept of Jesus was love, relationships and developing that to the point of giving yourself to benefit others. The record of the Widow's mite is a prime example because she obviously had love and compassion and gave all she has without holding back for herself.

The Widow's Offering
Mark 12:41-43 (New International Version)

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.
43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.


Jesus gave everything to live as man and to take on all sin, be separated from God by that sin and to die for each one of us.

1 Cor. 13:8-12 (NIV)

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Love is the basis for everything taught in the bible. Without love everything else is just going through the motion.

No comments: