Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tidbits

Did you know:

Women who have close friends live longer and are generally in better health. Yes, health officials have discovered that women who have close friends have happier, healthier lives. Yes, a new revelation for health officials. Even the TODAY show had a segment on this fact on Monday, September 17, 2007 professing the need for women to have and develop those lasting friendships.

This is not a new revelation. John 15:10-13 says,

10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Another recent published revelation from some health care officials is that laughter adds approximately 8 years to a man's life. I go back to John 15:11 "... and that your joy might be full."

So make close friends and laugh, a lot!

No comments: